Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the ArtCity Short Film Festival.
ArtCity Short Film Festival (ACSFF) presents the opportunity for film enthusiasts to work as unpaid volunteers. A range of positions will be open for potential volunteers across various operational aspects of the festival when the call for entry has been closed.
Volunteers are critical to the success of a film festival and will work closely with festival staff and participants. Volunteers contribute to a variety of duties, which include conducting various tasks, assisting stage managers, audio-visual documentation of performances, and general administrative and production support. These are among the many opportunities available.
Please complete and submit the Volunteer Application no later than Saturday, September 20, 2016. Paper applications are also available upon request. Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at: email@example.com, should you have any questions.
WHY BE A VOLUNTEER FOR THE FESTIVAL?
By volunteering, you become an active partner in the staging of our event and much more. It is equally an excellent opportunity to get involved with a cultural event like this. Volunteers who complete their obligation to ACSFF are entitled to:
- ACSFF screenings voucher for every shift completed. It can be given to family and friends as well.
- Access to ACSFF screenings once their shift is over.
- An exclusive ACSFF T-Shirt to wear while on duty.
- An amazing opportunity to network, meet new people and make friends with other film-lovers and those who appreciate cultural events.
- The opportunity to enjoy a fun and rewarding cultural event.
- Invitation to the ‘Volunteers Party’ at the end of the Festival.
- A Certificate of Appreciation signed by the Festival Director.
- A food voucher for each completed shift during the festival.
- An Opportunity to be nominated for Excellent Volunteer Award.
- Letter of recommendation for good volunteering.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF ME AS A VOLUNTEER?
- You must be over the age of 18
- Speak English and French. Knowledge of other languages is highly valued.
- You will be expected to arrive on time for your volunteer Shifts.
- Follow instructions from your direct supervisor and remain dedicated to your responsibilities until the end of the assigned volunteer shift.
- Volunteers working at screening venus will not have the opportunity to watch films while on duty.
WHAT AREAS WOULD I WORK IN AS A VOLUNTEER?
Volunteers will be required in the following departments:
- Human Resources & Volunteer Department
- Festival Administration Office
- Screening Venus
- Customer Service
- Registration & Accreditation
- Guest Relations & Hospitality
- Marketing & Events
- Program Administration
- Government Relations & Protocol